Christian Science Sentinel Watch
ONLINE: Week of July 19 to 25
Out of the darkness of addiction (encore)
Guest: Jeff Rice
Jeff lost everything to drugs and bipolar disorder. He even ended up in jail, but that was just the first step to a whole new life.
ON THE PHONE: Week of July 19 to 25
A powerful foundation for respect
Guest: Mark Sappenfield
Do we feel respect for everyone we come into contact with, even those we intensely disagree with? We can. In this short podcast, The Christian Science Monitor’s Editor explores a deeper way to see the world based on how God sees us. (For the Monitor’s focus on “bridging the conflicts that divide us,” see their Respect Project.)
ONLINE: Week of July 26 to August 1
The power of persistence
Guest: Tim Mitchinson
In a culture of instant gratification, is anything worth *striving* for? This week’s guest dives deep into why persistence isn’t a lost art, and how when it comes to healing, sticking with it offers payoffs that go far beyond a physical cure.
ON THE PHONE: Week of July 26 to August 1
Unity: Is it even possible?
Guest: Susan Stark
We might think of “unity” as coming together. But this week’s guest, Susan Stark, offers a more deeply grounded vision of unity: as originating in each individual’s relation to God. Listen in as she explores the spiritual foundation for finding our divinely natural oneness with each other and what this means for our families, churches, and communities.
You can hear previous Sentinel Watch programs here. To hear archives of the Christian Science Sentinel Radio programs, log on to Journal, Sentinel, Herald website (www.JSH-Online.com) and become a subscriber today. With your subscription, you’ll be able to listen to over 625 Sentinel Radio programs! You’ll also be able to read current print editions of the Journal, Sentinel, and Herald, as well as search the historical JSH publications from the past 129 years. Also, new audio will continually be added to the site. You can begin enjoying those new interviews and testimonies of healing, now, by going to JSH-Online.com and becoming a subscriber.
Programs via Telephone
You can hear the Christian Science Sentinel Watch or Weekly Bible Lesson programs any time via a local DFW-area phone number. Just call the numbers shown and make your selection to hear the programs.
- 214-447-9675 (which is 214-HIS-WORK) or 817-259-1620
- Christian Science Sentinel Watch
- Christian Science Quarterly Weekly Bible Lessons
- Five “Daily Lifts”
- 214-447-9679 or 817-259-1647
- El Heraldo de la Christian Science — Spanish Radio Edition (El Heraldo de la Ciencia Cristiana)
Lección Bíblica semanal
(Weekly Bible Lesson in Spanish)
El Heraldo de la Christian Science
(Spanish Radio Edition)
Visit The Herald of Christian Science website (https://herald.christianscience.com/) where you’ll find The Herald published in 14 languages. And listen to El Heraldo on Sundays at 7:30 AM on KZZA 106.7 FM. Upcoming local broadcasts are:
- July 18: Todos podemos sentir y ver la bendición de Dios en nuestra vida (We can all feel God’s blessing in our lives)
- July 25: Lo que no podemos perder (What we cannot lose)
- August 1: Ideas para salir de la pobreza (Ideas that can lift us out of poverty)
- August 8: La espiritualidad y su trabajo (Spirituality and your job)
- August 15: Su lugar en el plan de Dios (Your place in God’s plan)
- August 22: No resignarse al abuso verbal o físico (Don’t resign yourself to physical or verbal abuse)
- August 29: Para orar por nuestro gobierno (Praying for our government)